In honor of the day after the 4th of July and the very light traffic, we thought our topic today would be driving traffic to your website.
For many businesses, their website is the lifeblood of their company and brand. While we touched on a few of these pieces a few months ago, they are still valuable today…and will be moving forward.
We touched on a few of these a few months ago, but it's worth revisiting as many of these still hold true today (and will next quarter as well).
Depending on the goals of your website, there are specific analytics that'll be important to you and your business. However, here are four that we constantly measure for our clients:
- Visitors: Whether you own an automotive repair shop, clothing store on an e-commerce site, the more visitors you receive, the higher likelihood your business will have to generate revenue.
- Referrals: Sure, it's great to know the number of visitors your site had, but it's even more important to know how they're finding you. Referrals track users as they click on links in search engines, on other blogs, and other websites to your web site. The referrals report will show the number of visitors you are getting from social sites as well.
- Bounce Rate (the percentage of website visitors who leave after viewing only one page): This is obviously important, as you want visitors to feel compelled to learn about the family of products and services you offer... not sure one.
- Conversion Rate: Of all the metrics you might track, conversion rate is probably one of the most important. Conversion rate is the percentage of people who achieved a goal on your site. A goal can be anything from completing a purchase, filling out a contact form, or viewing a certain page on your site.
We often run into two issues with small businesses when it comes to analyzing website traffic:
- Staff members have difficulty turning the various sheets of data into actionable information.
- There is no data, because the business doesn't have Google Analytics coded into their website (232 Creative can do this for you).